We got Rhett today at 2pm. He arrived a little late so I was able to see the van pull up with him in it. He had a few tears and was super afraid at first. But he has warmed up quickly to both of us!!
We came back to the room (which is awesome by the way!) and he has literally not stopped moving around and exploring! I had to leave for awhile to do some paperwork and Brian said he was very studious and deliberate in how he gets into everything. And by the looks of this room I believe it! He mumbles some things every once in a while and we don't understand him but its too cute!

One amazing thing was what the nanny said who brought him to us. She said this, "When he was found he was very small and weak. He was very delayed because of his circumstances, but last year he has gotten a lot of help and has had a special nanny just for him. With her help he has caught up to the other kids his age. We (orphanage workers) think he is not special needs anymore." Can I get an AMEN???
Thank you, Lord!!

He is so smart! Everything I do he mimics. I was getting the gifts for the officials ready earlier and if I put something in a bag so did he. With hand signals and pointing he even follows very good instructions. And he loves to color and hold pens - and then put them back in their respective boxes in the same way they came out...

He is like the Tazmanian devil!!! Crazy busy and messy (but somehow very focused in the mess!). You need to pray for this neat freak!!
I'll write more tomorrow. We are completely spent and running on fumes. Please keep praying for Brian. His leg is really causing him significant pain.


Oh. My. Goodness. He is too cute! Praise God for His continued blessing on your family - congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteYaaaay Amy! I am soooooo happy for you guys! Rhett is precious! I am so glad that everything has gone smoothly and about what the nanny said, WOW!!!! God is Good!!!!
ReplyDeleteAMEN!!!!!! Praise you Jesus!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou all look amazing!! Praying for Brian's leg!
WOW!!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!! I am over the moon happy for you guys! Rhett is amazing and I am so happy that he is finally with his mommy and daddy! What a blessing it was to hear how much he has improved over the last year...evidence that God had His hands all over that precious boy! Can't wait to hear more...get some rest and we are continuing to pray for Brian's pain. Love you!
ReplyDeleteWe are praying without ceasing here in Texas! Rhett looks awesome and he does sound a lot like Hannah! We love you guys!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet little boy. You are very blessed. And so is he.
ReplyDeleteAmy and Brian....Rhett is so adorable! He will soon learn to be a neat freak too! Ha...
ReplyDeleteBrian, I am praying for your hip and leg pain. Hey Doc....listen to Doc Aunt D....take some warm baths...and see if the hotel has a work-out room with a bar that you can hang from...stretch out what ever is kinked!
We love him we love him we love him! So thrilled you have him! Praying like crazy over Brian's leg!
ReplyDeleteHeh heh, Tazmanian devil huh? Sounds familiar...
ReplyDeleteHe is so precious! I'll be praying for you three as you get to know one another. God is so good on the news of him no longer being considered special needs! Keep updating as much as possible!
Praying for Brian as well.
So happy to see that you have him...what a cutie! And he sounds like he is all boy!! Enjoy this special time with him~
ReplyDeleteYea!! I am SO happy for you and your beautiful, growing family. Praying NOW for Brian to be healed and for great blessing over the rest of your trip.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Brian and Amy! Rhett is so handsome. So excited for you all. I'll be praying for your transition and for Brian.
ReplyDeleteAmen! God is so very good! We are praying for Brian's leg. Not fun traveling while in pain.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I was thinking along the lines of Denise. ALL BOY!!! I love it. I guess it has been awhile Amy since you've had a toddler BOY in the house! Oh, that was so fun just typing that! Ha, ha!!!
ReplyDeleteHe is absolutely adorable and from the looks of his cheeks, he is not tiny anymore. I am so grateful and thankful to hear all of the wonderful reports you all have shared about his care. AMAZING, THANK YOU GOD!!!
Oh, I can just see him in the mix of your family with all of his siblings. I will be anxious to see if Adiah stands her ground a bit when this other little person shows up! I'm guessing there might be a face-off or two! LOVE IT!!!
Amy, please know I will continue to pray for you and Rhett and Brian. You can do this. Just try to imagine that you are already home. I know easier said than done, but that is what Charlie and I would do. We even made a simple chart where we could mark off hours and not just days. As each hour passed and S was still alive, we Xed it off and praised God for the victory. i know Rhett is not in a life-or-death situation as she was, but I know how it feels to be feeling defeated a bit hopeless about what is happening. I'm thinking of you!