Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Well, folks....We're going to China!!!

I really can't believe I get to type these words!! We got our TA today!!! At 9:29 this morning, our travel coordinator called and said the words I'd been waiting to hear since we saw Rhett's face in May...."I have some good news to share with you!". And the rest is a blur!! She will be requesting our Consulate Appointment tonight and once that is made we can book our plane tickets. It looks like there is a group leaving on December 24th. If the cost isn't ridiculously more expensive we will probably skip the Beijing portion of our trip and leave on the 26th so we can spend Christmas day with our other kids. I'll have more details later this week but I just wanted to share the good news with all of my faithful prayer warriors and blog followers.

Even though we know that God's timing is perfect it still hurts in our flesh when things don't "seem" to go right. My sister in law and her husband did not pass court last night in Ethiopia due to a reason beyond their control. So its been a very bitter sweet day. Praying that they will get to go to court again on the 8th and bring those sweet babies home!! Its all for His glory!!!

Stay tuned for more details!!

Let's look at him again, shall we? Oh, Rhett! We can't wait to hold you and love you and smother you with kisses!! And get you a dude's jacket!!





7 comments:

  1. Well you know I came over here to say

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! YOU'RE GOIN' TO CHINA!!!!!

    Can't wait to watch you go!!! I'm thinking the timing is not all bad since you won't have to be away for Christmas. I know you wanted him home for Christmas and to be honest, I wanted that too for you (I knew we couldn't make it in time but I thought you could). But as you say, God's timing IS PERFECT! Praising Jesus right along with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah....I SAY YEAH!

    Thank You Lord for answered prayers.

    I'm sure if you call Santa he would come a week early for your kids. Surely he would want you to get your hands on Rhett right away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo! I'm so excited for you. You've been on my mind and in my prayers. What an awesome Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear those words myself ~ well, right now I'd settle for hearing that our LOA (RA) is here...
    Wow, meeting your son just after Christmas. What a gift!
    And I'm praying for your sister-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sooooo excited for you!!!! This little guy is blessed to have you both as parents and I know you will be blessed beyond measure to have him as your son! I love seeing God at work! And what an amazing Christmas gift...doesn't get any better than this :)

    Love to you and I can't wait to follow your journey over to China AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting!!!!!!!!!!

    Is Rhett in Beijing? I actually live in China, about 3 hours from Beijing, so I will look east and wave at the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you Amy! It is so funny how we were just talking the day before about all of this. I'm thinking we are a month behind you. So excited to follow your journey once again.

    ReplyDelete