Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Brian is heading home...

Just wanted to give a quick update from China.  Brian left a little while ago to head home to the states.  Now that everything is finished as far as paperwork it was ok for him to not be here and we decided this morning to send him home.  I'm not happy about it but I know its for the best.  He has become quite uncomfortable and needs to get home so he can have his medicines and access to his dr's who know his history to see whats up.  Please keep praying for him.  Pray for comfort and safety as he travels.  And pray that nothng is seriously wrong with his leg.  My sister has graciously offered to meet me in Guangzhou this weekend to help me out.  We are hopeful that her emergency visa will come through tomorrow. 
 
This is not at all how I imagined this trip would go.  To be honest I've battled with anger quite a bit.  But for some reason the Lord has decided that we would walk this out this way.  I want to praise Him even in this storm....
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Oh Amy,
    I'm praying right now my friend! There are so many unknowns about our upcoming trip and I can't imagine it ending up with Ian heading home without me and Darcy.
    At some point it will be so enlightening to see God's plan in this...
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy and Brian,

    Eric and I are praying for this difficult situation you are facing. Brian, we are praying for the Lord to remove your pain and to comfort you and give you peace as you are away from Amy and Rhett, and for your safe travels. Amy, we are praying that ALL things go smoothly here on out, and that you and little Rhett do soooooo well with each other-- bonding, building trust, communicating, etc., and that you feel comfort and peace with missing your sweet hubby. And also for those precious kids back home, that they will rest knowing the whole family is gonna be A OK. Praying for your sis, too, that she will get to come and share in this wonderful blessing/experience and be a help to you. :-)

    May our Heavenly Father cover you all with his great love...and bring joy!

    Hugging you from TN and sending our love,
    Jennifer and Eric

    P.S. Rhett is such a handsome and sweet looking litte fella! And what a blessing to hear how there is no SN!! (God is super-cool, huh?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for you guys. I know that it will be tougher for you by yourself -- but you are stronger than you think. Big hugs and lots of prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear that Brian has to come home. It's so hard when God's plan doesn't coincide with our plan - but we know He sees the big picture. You are such an inspiration, Amy. You take on life and all it throws at you with incredible faith in the One who we know is in control, all the while praising Him with your words and actions. Love you and praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, we are praying...for Brian and his flights home, his physical needs once there; and for you in the duration of your trip. Continue to draw from the Source ALL that you need, dear friend!
    Praise the Father that He NEVER leaves nor forsakes us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Amy, How I've been there with anger over our first trip to China. It did not go AT ALL how I had planned it. To this day, to be completely honest, I still battle with angry and hurt feelings over it. I can tell you though that those feelings are futile. WHAT A BLESSING that Brian is able to fly home on his own and that your sister has offered to come!!!

    OK, here is the word that Brian asked us to share with you as an encouragement. It has brought me much encouragement over the last year or so as I realize over and over that God is in control and that even when the enemy attacks, He is on His throne and His plans will come to pass. I hope it helps you to boldly claim that truth as well. (And please know I've been reading from my phone with very SLOW access in Alabama where we took a little trip. Though I had tried, I had not commented b/c I could not ever get it to go through. But I've been praying and will continue to do so!)

    HUGS!!!!! YOU CAN AND WILL DO THIS!

    "Many are the plans in a man's heart,
    but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails."
    Proverbs 19:21

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy. Brian, Rhett and Sara.....lifting you all up in prayer....I am calling all of my friends to put you all on emergency prayer.

    We love you all...

    Brian, keep us informed of your condition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have you all covered in prayer....I have contacted all of my friends and we are all praying....they have passed the request for prayer to their friends as well.

    Jesus, hold Amy, Brian, Rhett and Sara close. We ask a special healing for Brian.

    Amy, hang in there sweetie! Rhett...hug mommy close. Sara praying for you to get that visa and for a quick trip to China.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy!! What on earth?! I so wish things always went according to plan!! :) You are such a good wife and mamma and daughter to submit to the Lord and trust that everything is going to be ok and just let it go. I can imagine that you hav 900 different thoughts and emotions. I pray for you today that the Lord will bless you with a quiet moment and that in that moment you will be able to draw into his presence and receive his peace. I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Amy, I know this is not the way you guys planned things to work out but none of it was a surprise to our mighty Lord and Savior. Praying for peace in your heart as you remain in China and that this will be a sweet sweet time of bonding for you and Rhett. Praying a hedge of protection over the two of you and that the people you come in contact with in China will be gracious and helpful to both of you. I will continue to pray for Brian's leg and that healing will come quickly as the doctors sort out what is going on. Praying for your sister's visa and that she will get there ASAP. Remember Phil. 4:13..... "I CAN do ALL things through CHRIST who gives me STRENGTH."! Hang in there friend...I know many people are bringing you family before the throne right now. LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy & Brian - holy moly! We have been on the road so I haven't been able to keep up with your blog. So sorry this is happening - Brian sounds like Jason was a year ago walking with the cane & a lot of pain. Praying for you guys like crazy. The wonderful thing is that we KNOW the Lord knew this, and allowed it to happen so there is a reason for it all! We may never understand this side of heaven but we can rejoice in the sovereignty and power of our Lord and the miracle that is Rhett! "the Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him." Psalm 28:7

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy,
    Just want you to know that I'm praying for you guys. I cannot imagine having to send Mark home from China. Good news is you've been there and done it all before! Hope Brian gets some relief soon and that you have a smooth rest of your time in China and home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am praying for you - we just returned a few months ago and can relate to the joy AND the stress - so we know this is not easy. I will pray for all the support that you need to be there even before you know you need it - and safe travel for your husband. Let them feel your hands on them God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All I can say, is that God knows. He so infinitely knows the end result here. My prayer is that you will be so blessed by Him as He brings you through this process and you bring Rhett home. It doesn't mean that you won't feel this anger, frustration, but you don't have to feel alone. He's right there arms wide open for you. God Bless You....Praying for you and your husband, for God to heal. Our God is truly mighty to save.......

    ReplyDelete