Saturday, May 16, 2009

Paperwork update

This past week has been good in terms of paperwork! On Monday my new home study reports arrived so I overnighted them along with my I800-A form to USCIS in Chicago. For those who aren't in the adoption world that is just a form that is super important in this whole process. This basically says that we are allowed to bring an adopted child home. SO...I just checked my online banking and noticed that they cashed my check already so they definitely are doing something with that paper work! We now wait for them to "invite" us to get our fingerprints done. Also, I mailed my Texas documents on Tuesday to get certified in Austin. I think they arrived Wednesday and they left Austin yesterday to be sent back to me!! I believe that is a super fast turn around!!! Once I receive them today I will update my little time line over there in the sidebar. I will probably mail all of my documents off on Monday to get authenticated just so when my paperwork from USCIS gets back to me I only have to deal with one piece of paper. Stay tuned for more updates.....

No comments:

Post a Comment