Saturday, March 28, 2009

First home study visit

Today was our very first home study visit for this adoption. We have the same social worker as we did for Adiah so it is really nice to already have a relationship established with her. We did the house visit today and she visited with the kids about how they felt about adopting again, etc. Since we've already done this before we all kind of knew what to expect. But still!! Its still a little exciting!! I'm just thrilled to get this going so we can get our documents over to China as quick as possible. We will have our next visit tomorrow evening with just Brian and I. And then I think our 3rd and final one will be Thursday. And then we wait for our report to be written up which will probably take a few weeks. I'm excited!!! I'm getting very close to being finished gathering all of our dossier items as well. Besides the home study and USCIS clearance I have to get our police clearance. Once I get those things then I get to begin the certification and authentication process!! Good times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment